Regular vaccinations and examinations will help keep your pet healthy and happy. Your veterinarian will be able to advise you of the frequency that your pet should be examined, but most recommend either annual or six-monthly visits. This is
• Ausculatation of the heart and lungs.
• Palpation of lymph nodes
• Palpation of the joints and reviewing mobility
• Checking skin and condition of coat
• Generalized exam of your pet urinary system.
• Dental examination
• Eye examination
• Weight check
• Physical examination of the body for lumps/growths
• Observation of alertness and response
• Palpate the abdomen checking for painful areas
• Discussion with owner regarding any problems or concerns they may have
• Discussion of parasite prevention and diet
Other tests that your pet may be given include:
• Annual Heartworm testing
• Annual Fecal testing. This allows the veterinarian to check for the presence of internal parasites such as hookworms,
• Blood work. Blood tests screen for infection or disease that may not otherwise be detected through a physical examination. Blood work also allows a veterinarian a comprehensive assessment of your pets’ health.